Welcome to edeposit
E-deposit system is builded within a grant project called Management of electronic publications in the network of Czech Republic libraries.
The project aims to:
- Collect e-books and e-journals as well as electronic originals of printed books and journals.
- Create tools for sharing and making accesible this kind of content in the library network of the Czech Republic.
- Long-term archiving and preservation this kind of content within system built in the National Digital Library project.
- Draft methodology bibliographic description of this kind of documents.
- Analysis of the legislation in the field of electronic legal deposit in foreign countries, draft Czech legislation including amendments to the Law of the Czech Republic in this area.
Project is divided into three stages. In the first stage carried out from 1 March 2012 to 31 December 2012 , there was an analysis of the current situation. In the second stage, from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2014 we develop the system for collecting, processing and sharing electronic publications and continue to research in the area of the bibliographic description of electronic publications and propose processes for preparing electronic publications for archiving. In the third stage from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015 we will start pilot production infrastructure for collecting, processing and sharing electronic publications and concept od central bibliographic processing will be designed.
The project builds on a pilot project Voluntary saving electronic publications and is funded by program NAKI grant. E-deposit system is a component of the National Digital Library.